Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crashing

My iPad constantly crashes while I’m using an app. I’ve tried many of the recommended tips online, but it still crashes.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 8:46 AM

This can happen for a number of reasons:

1. You may be running very low on memory. Go To Settings > General > iPad Storage and see how much space is available. If you have little space left, it's time to delete things you don't need, like photos, apps, music, texts, emails, etc.
  2. You should force close the affected app. Double tap your home button to bring the App Switcher, then slide the app upwards to fully close it.
  3. It may help to reboot your iPad: Press and hold BOTH the power and home buttons at the SAME time (keep holding past the swipe to shut down) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2019 8:46 AM in response to Zwhit16

This can happen for a number of reasons:

1. You may be running very low on memory. Go To Settings > General > iPad Storage and see how much space is available. If you have little space left, it's time to delete things you don't need, like photos, apps, music, texts, emails, etc.
  2. You should force close the affected app. Double tap your home button to bring the App Switcher, then slide the app upwards to fully close it.
  3. It may help to reboot your iPad: Press and hold BOTH the power and home buttons at the SAME time (keep holding past the swipe to shut down) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go.

Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.