Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 6 keeps crashing mostly while I am reading news through the Apple news app.

Why is it crashing? I’m in the middle of a story and the app crashes. I’ve rebooted, reload the app and iPad. Also freeze ups that last a few seconds. Can get that at anytime.

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 8:10 AM

Hello, JeffGrimm!

From your post, it sounds like you are experiencing an issue with your iPad running slowly/freezing. We're glad that you reached out to the Apple Support Communities. We want to try and help you find the answers you need.

What version of the iPadOS software do you currently have installed on your iPad? You can find this in Settings > General > About. Does the iPad run slowly when you're using a specific app or feature? If so, which app/features are being used? Does the speed vary depending on the Wi-Fi network being used?

Also, go to Settings > General > iPad Storage, and make sure you have enough available space on the device. If you see that there is not enough available space, check out this guide with information on how to optimize your iPad storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Additionally, here's information on how to Manage your photo and video storage.

We hope this information helps you out.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2021 8:10 AM in response to JeffGrimm

Hello, JeffGrimm!

From your post, it sounds like you are experiencing an issue with your iPad running slowly/freezing. We're glad that you reached out to the Apple Support Communities. We want to try and help you find the answers you need.

What version of the iPadOS software do you currently have installed on your iPad? You can find this in Settings > General > About. Does the iPad run slowly when you're using a specific app or feature? If so, which app/features are being used? Does the speed vary depending on the Wi-Fi network being used?

Also, go to Settings > General > iPad Storage, and make sure you have enough available space on the device. If you see that there is not enough available space, check out this guide with information on how to optimize your iPad storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Additionally, here's information on how to Manage your photo and video storage.

We hope this information helps you out.

Have a great day!

ipad 6 keeps crashing mostly while I am reading news through the Apple news app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.