Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPad keep crashing

Why does my iPad keep crashing? Is there a way for me to fix or would I have to buy a new one? HELP PLEASE

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 4:21 PM

You own a low storage device.

There is little to be done.

Sorry.

A 16 GBs storage iPad starts out, after initial drive formatting, at approx. 14.5 GBs of free, internal storage, AFTER internal flash drive formatting.

After the installation of iPadOS, at approx. 6.5 GBs, leaves 8.0 GBs of of free, internal data storage space.

iOS/iPadOS needs a minimum of 3-6 GBs of constant remaining storage, that MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES, to insure/ensure nominal, acceptable operation of all iOS/iPadOS functionalities.

This leaves a 16 GBs iPad with ONLY a practical, usable storage space of between 2 and 5 GBs AND THAT IS IT!

This is why Apple quietly, silently did away with all 16 GBs iOS device back sometime in 2016.

This is virtually NO internal data storage to do much of anything with that iPad!

Sorry, but your low storage iPad model is already at is minimum operational storage limits.

Nothing to done.

Sorry.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2021 4:21 PM in response to paki64

You own a low storage device.

There is little to be done.

Sorry.

A 16 GBs storage iPad starts out, after initial drive formatting, at approx. 14.5 GBs of free, internal storage, AFTER internal flash drive formatting.

After the installation of iPadOS, at approx. 6.5 GBs, leaves 8.0 GBs of of free, internal data storage space.

iOS/iPadOS needs a minimum of 3-6 GBs of constant remaining storage, that MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES, to insure/ensure nominal, acceptable operation of all iOS/iPadOS functionalities.

This leaves a 16 GBs iPad with ONLY a practical, usable storage space of between 2 and 5 GBs AND THAT IS IT!

This is why Apple quietly, silently did away with all 16 GBs iOS device back sometime in 2016.

This is virtually NO internal data storage to do much of anything with that iPad!

Sorry, but your low storage iPad model is already at is minimum operational storage limits.

Nothing to done.

Sorry.

Aug 14, 2021 3:26 PM in response to paki64

Can you, please, confirm what year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on the aluminium back of your iPad, in small print, right under the larger bold print “iPad”.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

All of that additional info can be found in the Settings app, General settings panel, About.

Please attempt to answer all questions asked.

Thank You.

Why does my iPad keep crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.