Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur email folders missing

After installing Big Sur, it appears the emails folders have been reorg'd. The Trash and Junk folders that were near the top have been moved to 'On My Mac' and they are missing most of their content. I clean out my Trash folder about every 6 months and there should be about 600 messages in there. Instead there are 29!

If I get an email in now, delete it and then search for it, I find it in Search - All Mailboxes but cannot find it anywhere else. Where are all these seemingly hidden emails located?

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 8:18 AM

Upper left side, above All Inboxes, you should see the word Favorites. Hover your cursor on the word and a + sign should appear. Click on that + sign, then a new box comes up where you can select which mailbox (All Junk or All Trash) to include under favorites. Then click OK and All Junk or All Trash should be now under Favorites.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2020 8:18 AM in response to DocData757

Upper left side, above All Inboxes, you should see the word Favorites. Hover your cursor on the word and a + sign should appear. Click on that + sign, then a new box comes up where you can select which mailbox (All Junk or All Trash) to include under favorites. Then click OK and All Junk or All Trash should be now under Favorites.

Nov 21, 2020 5:05 AM in response to DocData757

The appearance of Mail in Big Sur is appalling. Apart from moving all the labelling around, the top menu bar is far too small and pale. might be fine for a 20 yearly, but this 70 year old is really struggling.

I have spoken to Apple Support but really unhelpful - only suggestions were to downgrade back to Catalina or stop using Apple Mail completely!!!

The left hand tool bar has also been made worse, with the headings all too feint against the pale grey background. It appears there is no way of changing the contrast or font size of the tool bar information, only the emails themselves.

This is a poorly thought through upgrade that completely ignores the needs of all users with less than perfect sight. Shame on You, Apple

Nov 27, 2020 5:32 PM in response to Nantman

I agree. Steve Jobs will be turning in his grave. He might have been a horrible manager and person, but he understood the customer was at the centre of everything Apple did; Quality was paramount. Now Apple are driven by profit and market share.

Lets look at some of the crazy decisions under Cook's watch.

• Super innovative Magsafe dropped in favour of hard connection. A void that has now been filled by third party adaptors.
  • Fiasco with a ****** keyboard in the last gen.
  • iPhone's now not shipping with a wall charger, or head phones

Big Sur email folders missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.