Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari is using old autofill information

Safari is using my old address from Texas instead of my current address in California and I can't figure out how to remove the Texas address from autofill.

The Texas address is not listed under safari/preferences/autofill

The Texas address is not listed on my contact card

Spotlight lists no reference to the Texas address on my computer

The only thing that worked with removing the Texas address from autofill on safari was deleting my contact card, but when I recreated my contact card (with no reference of my old Texas address), the Texas address showed up again.

I searched for some solutions online, but none worked (deleting com.apple.safari cache files).

Also, I use to have this problem on my iOS devices too, but at present, they are behaving.

On the image above, 'home' is my current contact info. The other one is the Texas info.

Any ideas?

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 3:46 PM

Well, looks like I fixed it myself.

I decided to limit the information I was sharing when autofill and also deactivated some work accounts in the at the same time using contacts/preferences/accounts:

When I went back to verify that the information I didn't want shared was not being shared, the old address was no longer present. So, coolies. Now, I just have to figure out how to remove it from google.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2020 3:46 PM in response to Zarquawn

Well, looks like I fixed it myself.

I decided to limit the information I was sharing when autofill and also deactivated some work accounts in the at the same time using contacts/preferences/accounts:

When I went back to verify that the information I didn't want shared was not being shared, the old address was no longer present. So, coolies. Now, I just have to figure out how to remove it from google.

Safari is using old autofill information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.