Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV connecting to HomePod issue.

Is anyone else experiencing issues connecting their HomePod to their Apple TV through their settings on the Apple TV interface?

I cannot locate on the most recent update where to connect my HomePod to my Apple TV. The only current resolution I have found is to connect the two devices together through my iPhone. But then it still connects to my TV speakers and the HomePod and there is lagging in sound between the two. I then have to go back into the AirPlay tab on my phone to then disconnect the TV speaker. The whole new AirPlay interface is very confusing and isn't very seamless.

I used to be able to do it through the 'audio and video' tab in settings on the Apple TV but it isn't there anymore. It's only giving me the TV speaker option.

Can anyone help?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 5:31 PM

Try it using the AppleTV Remote. As I posted in another thread, for the AppleTV-HD there is no longer an "Audio Output" setting in tvOS 14.2 under "Video & Audio" to connect HomePod(s) as speaker(s). One has to use the Control Center on the Remote by pressing and holding the TV button until the Control Center appears on screen and selecting the AirPlay icon and then your HomePod(s). See <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202809#appletv>.

The AppleTV-4K in tvOS 14.2 under "Audio & Video" now has a setting for "Default Audio Output" but one can also use the Remote as above.

Good luck!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2020 5:31 PM in response to samguerra

Try it using the AppleTV Remote. As I posted in another thread, for the AppleTV-HD there is no longer an "Audio Output" setting in tvOS 14.2 under "Video & Audio" to connect HomePod(s) as speaker(s). One has to use the Control Center on the Remote by pressing and holding the TV button until the Control Center appears on screen and selecting the AirPlay icon and then your HomePod(s). See <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202809#appletv>.

The AppleTV-4K in tvOS 14.2 under "Audio & Video" now has a setting for "Default Audio Output" but one can also use the Remote as above.

Good luck!

Apple TV connecting to HomePod issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.