Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Photos Synced from Finder will be Removed"?

What does it mean when I try to start storing the photos on my iPhone in iCloud and a warning says, "Photos Synced from Finder will be Removed"? Will I lose those photos?

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 11:14 AM

You can't sync photos to a device using both iTunes/Finder and iCloud, it's one or the other. The message means exactly what it says -- if you choose to use iCloud, all Finder synced photos will be removed.

3 replies

Nov 18, 2020 2:41 PM in response to zinacef

Thanks bunches, zinacef,

So, where or what is the Finder where these photos came from or are?

What I am really asking is, how can I make sure that these 'Finder photos' are somewhere I am not going to loose them? Where else are they stored? OR Can I discover which photos these 'Finder photos' are and send them to myself so I will not loose them?

Thanks for any help, I am trying to move into the present where everything is on cloud storage, but I am behind....

Elad

Nov 18, 2020 2:44 PM in response to Elad_the_Genie

It means you can’t sync to the phone using two different methods. You either have to use the old-school method or iCloud Photos. Since these files have been synced from the Finder, it is assuming that they are still on that Mac. Double-check that they really are on your Mac first. If so, you can turn on iCloud Photos on your Mac and they will upload. Then you can turn on iCloud Photos on your Phone, deleting the Finder-synced photos, and all your photos will then be available on all devices.

"Photos Synced from Finder will be Removed"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.