Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Force Restart not working

No matter what I do I cannot restart my phone what is going on?! My phone won’t let me hard restart it. I have tried holding my power button and the both volume buttons down for minutes and it won’t do anything. Obviously I’ve tried holding one or the other down for minutes on end and nothing will happen I can’t open any apps or even restart it I have my flashlight on just to kill the phone battery to see if that works. I am using my iPad to send this.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 9:44 PM

You may not be pressing the buttons in the right sequence. Ready below-

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2020 9:44 PM in response to Wthiswrong

You may not be pressing the buttons in the right sequence. Ready below-

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

iPhone Force Restart not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.