Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast Connect Services Not Available

Hi

I want to start a podcast but I have never had an apple ID.

On my podcast host I followed the guide to first create an apple ID and then submit the RSS to podcastsconnect.apple.com

so I created a new ID. But when I log onto podcastsconnect I see nothing but a white screen and an error saying " There was an error. Services are temporarily unavailable. Try again later.".

So I tried contacting apple after looking into the communities answers, but when I click on contact us, it takes me again to itunesconnect and asks me to select where I want to be. I click podcasts and it takes me back to the same error.

There is really no way for me to understand what the problem is. I have verified my email address and my phone number. But it seems like my account has a problem. I just want to get the podcast RSS verified.

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 10:10 AM

In order to ber able to submit your podcast your need to:

Download iTunes if you are on Windows, or use Apple Music/TV/Apps on Catalina or iTunes on older Macs.

Register a payment method there.

You may find it helps to download a free app from the App Store.

Make sure your computer is authorised to play iTunes Store content (menu Account>Authorisations>Authorise this computer)

Then you should be able to log into Podcasts Connect (though the server has been intermittently down in same aread, in which case you can only wait for it to come back up).

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2020 10:10 AM in response to pendarnit

In order to ber able to submit your podcast your need to:

Download iTunes if you are on Windows, or use Apple Music/TV/Apps on Catalina or iTunes on older Macs.

Register a payment method there.

You may find it helps to download a free app from the App Store.

Make sure your computer is authorised to play iTunes Store content (menu Account>Authorisations>Authorise this computer)

Then you should be able to log into Podcasts Connect (though the server has been intermittently down in same aread, in which case you can only wait for it to come back up).

Nov 18, 2020 9:21 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I wonder why I never became an apple user!

Now a few hours have passed and I get a new error

" Podcasts Connect requires an iTunes Store account. Learn more about Podcasts Connect requirements"

The link then takes me here:

https://help.apple.com/itc/podcastsanalytics/#/itc1723472cb

where it says I must have purchased something using apple store to be able to use this service.

I have no apple device, and I have never bought anything from Apple ever before.

I find this extremely ridiculous. As a podcaster I am providing content to Apple, and the only thing it does is putting all these payment walls in front of me.

Maybe I reconsider using apple podcasts altogether...

Podcast Connect Services Not Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.