Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The file can't be found finder says, when I want to import my last shots from Pansonic Lumix

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well and thanks for helping.

The file can't be found finder says, when I want to import my last shots from

Pansonic Lumix DMC-FZ2200

into my iPhoto on my macOS Big Sur, version11.0.1!

Finder said, The file can't be found. and imported 1 photo only.

I tried again and it did not import anything.

I could also not see the last shots on the display of the Panasonic in iPhoto.

it says there are 295 photos in the camera, and imported are already 136.

I tried again and now even the one photo which was imported before was not showing any more in photos but was showing in imports, and finder said: The file can’t be found.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 6:42 AM

Good nieuws, it works now! 😄

After trying everything, the photos were all grayed out,

and no camera icon was showing at all in iPhoto.

I shut down  the computer, disconnected him from power, waited 15 sec. and reconnected and restarted.

I connected the camera again and switched it on for PC, and  the little camera icon was showing in iPhoto and all worked fine.

I could have shut him down in the first place, but because I installed the new Big Sur I suspected that Big Sur was the problem.

Always a good idea to shut down the computer first if problems occur I find.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 6:42 AM in response to marleen214

Good nieuws, it works now! 😄

After trying everything, the photos were all grayed out,

and no camera icon was showing at all in iPhoto.

I shut down  the computer, disconnected him from power, waited 15 sec. and reconnected and restarted.

I connected the camera again and switched it on for PC, and  the little camera icon was showing in iPhoto and all worked fine.

I could have shut him down in the first place, but because I installed the new Big Sur I suspected that Big Sur was the problem.

Always a good idea to shut down the computer first if problems occur I find.

Dec 17, 2020 6:52 AM in response to marleen214

Hello,

My dad has Macbook Air 13" and when he tried to connect his iPhone x to the computer the same message started popping in and kept popping in until I disconnected the iPhone. It's very annoying as I had to click on every single window to close it down. I tried clicking on the question mark button but it only appeared a blank window.

I saw the solution of the problem above but the phone kept disconnecting when I opened the capture photo application.

Please, help me resolve my problem.

Thank you in advance.

Best

Vanesa

Feb 2, 2021 2:31 AM in response to marleen214

I get the same 'The file can't be found' message - often several times at once. I think it's after trying to import photos into Photos from my Nikon/SD card. Often it only imports some of the photos and I have to try 3 or 4 times. And, like, everyone, if I click on the "File can't be found" question mark it just opens a blank window.

But even after all the photos have imported themselves, on Restarting I get the same "The file can't be found" window - 6 of them, neatly stacked, this morning!

This never happened pre Big Sur and it's confusing not knowing what the "File can't be Found" window actually is.

Seems like the Apple Big Sur Photos people need to get their bug-spray out.

The file can't be found finder says, when I want to import my last shots from Pansonic Lumix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.