Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Other storage

Hello,

My sister has an iPhone XR and has been facing problems regarding storage,

her phone was filled with photos and videos so she asked me to move all of them to my computer,

after I moved all of them to my computer I noticed that all the space that should have been cleared up is now filled with the "other" storage category.

I'm not talking about a small amount of storage here, the other storage is taking close to 100 GB off of her 128 GB phone.

Does anybody know why this happened and how to get rid of the other storage?

Thanks.

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 12:29 PM

Check this link...

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

4 replies

Nov 18, 2020 1:06 PM in response to Royziv05

I just dealt with this, it is not fun and it’s painful to do, but you will need to reset the phone and restore everything back on. backup the phone to a computer or icloud, then factory reset the phone, then restore the back up and your other storage problems should be cleared up. sry to hear that your in this predicament, it’s longs and hard, and i found it stressful.

Other storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.