Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot see most of my songs in iMovie.

I have a new MacBook Pro. I cannot see most of my songs from iTunes in iMovie? I have down loaded all the songs in iTunes. I have iMovie 10.2.1 and Music 1.0.6.10. I have restarted iMovie many times while holding down the Command and Option key. Tried this in Music also. Nothing fixes the problem.

Can anyone tell me please how to fix this.

MacBook

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 6:41 PM

Hi, DavidRealEstate,

It may be that the songs that are not visible are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected and therefore cannot be used in iMovie. Music purchased from iTunes before year 2009 carried DRM. Also, all music purchased from Apple Music is DRM protected, and downloading the songs to iTunes will not remove that projection. Those songs cannot be used.

iTunes has a Match program that you can subscribe to for about $24.97 per year that will let you download from the Cloud DRM free versions of you DRM protected songs. That would work for songs originally purchased from iTunes but I don't think that it will work for songs that involved Apple Music in the chain of purchase.

The easiest way out of this may be to repurchase from iTunes whatever protected song that you want to use in your project. iTunes discontinued DRM protection in year 2009.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2020 6:41 PM in response to DavidRealEstate

Hi, DavidRealEstate,

It may be that the songs that are not visible are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected and therefore cannot be used in iMovie. Music purchased from iTunes before year 2009 carried DRM. Also, all music purchased from Apple Music is DRM protected, and downloading the songs to iTunes will not remove that projection. Those songs cannot be used.

iTunes has a Match program that you can subscribe to for about $24.97 per year that will let you download from the Cloud DRM free versions of you DRM protected songs. That would work for songs originally purchased from iTunes but I don't think that it will work for songs that involved Apple Music in the chain of purchase.

The easiest way out of this may be to repurchase from iTunes whatever protected song that you want to use in your project. iTunes discontinued DRM protection in year 2009.

-- Rich

Cannot see most of my songs in iMovie.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.