Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes music not showing up in imovie

The music I have purchased on my MacBook Pro, isn't showing up in iMovie. I have the song downloaded to my MacBook Pro and have gone to iTunes preferences and allowed my iTunes library to share with other applications. Also, my playlist are appearing in iMovie, but none of the songs. I have also tried opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. I still have the same problem. The playlists show, but none of the songs. How do I fix this? I am including a screenshot below. It says that there are 99 protected files. I have way more than 99 files so I'm not sure where this number is coming from.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 8:30 AM

Hi, Frank,

Songs stored in the Cloud will not show in the iTunes item in the iMovie project sidebar. If this is your situation, download the tunes to your iTunes Media Library. If they are downloaded to a Finder folder on your Mac, they would not show up in the iTunes sidebar item and would need to be dragged into iMovie.

Also, songs that are DRM (copyright) protected will not show. Your 99 protected files are DRM protected and cannot be used in iMovie. If that's the case with your song, you can go to the iTunes website and subscribe to the "Match" program for about $25, that will allow DRM free downloads of your protected songs. To check which songs are protected, open iTunes and go to View/View Options and click on the box labeled "Kind" under the "File" subheading. That will reveal a column in your iTunes library that shows which songs are Protected.

Songs in Apple Music are DRM protected and cannot be used in iMovie.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2019 8:30 AM in response to Frank Almeida

Hi, Frank,

Songs stored in the Cloud will not show in the iTunes item in the iMovie project sidebar. If this is your situation, download the tunes to your iTunes Media Library. If they are downloaded to a Finder folder on your Mac, they would not show up in the iTunes sidebar item and would need to be dragged into iMovie.

Also, songs that are DRM (copyright) protected will not show. Your 99 protected files are DRM protected and cannot be used in iMovie. If that's the case with your song, you can go to the iTunes website and subscribe to the "Match" program for about $25, that will allow DRM free downloads of your protected songs. To check which songs are protected, open iTunes and go to View/View Options and click on the box labeled "Kind" under the "File" subheading. That will reveal a column in your iTunes library that shows which songs are Protected.

Songs in Apple Music are DRM protected and cannot be used in iMovie.

-- Rich

iTunes music not showing up in imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.