Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I upgraded to IOS 14...

Siri does not respond and email senders’ names are backward. Anyone see this?

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 1:03 PM

Hey hndbgldy,

It sounds like you're having an issue with Siri not responding and an issue with Mail on your iPhone. We can understand wanting to get that resolved. We want to help.

First, we'd recommend following the steps in this article: If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

For your Mail issue, we'd recommend checking Settings > Contacts > Display Order and ensure that is set properly.

Thanks!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 1:03 PM in response to hndbgldy

Hey hndbgldy,

It sounds like you're having an issue with Siri not responding and an issue with Mail on your iPhone. We can understand wanting to get that resolved. We want to help.

First, we'd recommend following the steps in this article: If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

For your Mail issue, we'd recommend checking Settings > Contacts > Display Order and ensure that is set properly.

Thanks!

Nov 28, 2020 11:04 PM in response to WinsC1

I have exactly the same issue with senders name in Mail sorted backwards. IE: Bowers & Wilkins is disposing as “ Wilkins Bowers &”, or “Abercrombie & Fitch” showing as “Fitch Abercrombie &”, - see screen shot- which throws me off all the time when I’m trying to perform a search in the device.

Must be an iOS 14 glitch, because I noticed it from that transition.

Apple never replied to my escalation.

Nov 29, 2020 6:02 AM in response to Nseke

Update: switching the Display Order and Sort Order in Settings >>Contacts to “Firs, Last” set the name display in Mail to its normal behavior. Which is strange because I ALWAYS had these set to “Last, First” from the very beginning of the iPhone in my life and NEVER experienced this.

screen shots below:

NEW SETTINGS IN “CONTACTS”:

Since I upgraded to IOS 14...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.