Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BIG SUR MAIL IMBOX SHOWING SUB FOLDER

Hi!!! after update to BIG SUR, my Inboxes being to show the subfolders in some of the account and in other no, how do i hide the sub folders?

i notice also that in the "On my Mac" mailboxes in some of the account i don't have the inbox like within the account

thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 12:05 AM

Try opening account settings in mail and change IMAP path prefix (server settings : advanced IMAP settings) for those accounts to "INBOX".

After that restart Mail.app. If that doesn't work, try right clicking your inbox and chose synchronize.

In Catalina and earlier it seems like mail was able to auto detect how folder hierarchies looked like. And it still seems to work in iOS 14.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 12:05 AM in response to AMG1378

Try opening account settings in mail and change IMAP path prefix (server settings : advanced IMAP settings) for those accounts to "INBOX".

After that restart Mail.app. If that doesn't work, try right clicking your inbox and chose synchronize.

In Catalina and earlier it seems like mail was able to auto detect how folder hierarchies looked like. And it still seems to work in iOS 14.

Nov 27, 2020 1:59 PM in response to AMG1378

Hi AMG1378,

It sounds like you have some questions about the Mail app in Big Sur. We know how important this is for you, and you’re in the right place for answers. This would be working as intended.

Here's a resource that can help:

What’s new in Mail on Mac?

We understand your concern and know how important this is to you. You can leave feedback about this on our Product Feedback page.

All the best!

BIG SUR MAIL IMBOX SHOWING SUB FOLDER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.