Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wifi says weak security, how do I fix??

My optimum wifi says weak security. How do I fix???

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 8:31 AM

A "Weak Security" notification means that your Wi-Fi router is not configured correctly. There is a new feature in iOS 14 that checks and displays a message if your router is not using the most up-to-date security. Note that your router has always had weak security, you just didn’t know about it until now.

See this Apple support article for how to configure it correctly—>Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support, specifically the section headed Security.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2020 8:31 AM in response to Sentry18

A "Weak Security" notification means that your Wi-Fi router is not configured correctly. There is a new feature in iOS 14 that checks and displays a message if your router is not using the most up-to-date security. Note that your router has always had weak security, you just didn’t know about it until now.

See this Apple support article for how to configure it correctly—>Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support, specifically the section headed Security.

My wifi says weak security, how do I fix??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.