Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My WiFi says weak security what do I do?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 8:49 AM

Your iPhone is notifying you that the Wi-Fi Network that it is connected to does not have adequate security by today's standards. If you are interested in improving the security of your Wi-Fi then you can log into the Router and change the security settings to WPA2 (AES) in the least. If you do not know how to log into your Wi-Fi Router then please refer to the owner's manual. If you do not have the owner's manual the please contact the support team of the Router's manufacturer / provider.

More information here ➔ Recommended Settings for Wi-Fi Routers & Access Points. 

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 8:49 AM in response to Jaydnonos1

Your iPhone is notifying you that the Wi-Fi Network that it is connected to does not have adequate security by today's standards. If you are interested in improving the security of your Wi-Fi then you can log into the Router and change the security settings to WPA2 (AES) in the least. If you do not know how to log into your Wi-Fi Router then please refer to the owner's manual. If you do not have the owner's manual the please contact the support team of the Router's manufacturer / provider.

More information here ➔ Recommended Settings for Wi-Fi Routers & Access Points. 

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.