Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather widget in notification centre under date on Big Sur MacBook

How on earth can I get my local weather on this thing? I have no interest in the weather in London. I live in the North East and our weather is VERY different to that of the South East of England.

MacBook Air 11″, 11.0

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 3:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 3:48 AM

If you already have the weather widget in Notification centre and it is showing London, then right-click/control-click/two-finger tap on the weather widget, and select edit "London." Enter your closest location (e.g. Newcastle) in the available search field, and you will see Newcastle upon Tyne appear as one of the choices. Choose that, and then click Done when it appears. And then finish the edit process of the weather widget now showing Newcastle upon Tyne.

The weather widget will appear light or dark based on the time of day, and this screen shot was taken at roughly 11:40 a.m. Northeast time.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 3:48 AM in response to helenfromferryhill

If you already have the weather widget in Notification centre and it is showing London, then right-click/control-click/two-finger tap on the weather widget, and select edit "London." Enter your closest location (e.g. Newcastle) in the available search field, and you will see Newcastle upon Tyne appear as one of the choices. Choose that, and then click Done when it appears. And then finish the edit process of the weather widget now showing Newcastle upon Tyne.

The weather widget will appear light or dark based on the time of day, and this screen shot was taken at roughly 11:40 a.m. Northeast time.

Weather widget in notification centre under date on Big Sur MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.