Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Repeating Characters on its Own

(I left aI lef all the typing glitches in the forum post for you can have a sense of what I'm dealing with in terms of frequency. which is the reason for the spelling issues) For or some reason whenever I t ype it repeats what I am typing. It's never the same amount of characters sometimes it's half a word sometimes it's 1 character sometimes it's a whole word. Sometimes it repeats every word in a sentence and sometimes it doesn't do it for days at a time. I don't don't think it's an issue with the actual keyboard I have' haven't recently spilled anything on it. I've 've messed with the keyboard settings and trackpad settings nothing seems to be causing this issue. I've loo 've looked this up and no results as if no one else has had this issue. I've looked for malware on my computer and nothing. I've also tried cleaning the keyboard but it hasn't fixed anything. It's as if it's copying and pasting on its own. I''m at my wits end I have no clue what to do and all all my university classes are online and it's slowed my typing speed down by 50%! I really don't think it's a hardware issue because as as I said I haven't recently damaged it and I am am very careful with my laptop. If anyone has any solutions that don't involve bringing my 1 yea1 year old Macbacbook in to be replaced or fixed that'd be super helpful!

(I've also recently deleted all my add ons on Chrome, tried checking to see if it was my off brand charger tried restarting it and updated my macbook)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 9:26 AM

If your MacBook has a Butterfly Keyboard, then based on the information provided, you are eligible for a free keyboard replacement from Apple. Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Keyboard Repeating Characters on its Own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.