Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 8 lags after updating to IOS 14.2

Hello!

I am having a hrad time with my Iphone 8. My Iphone is running the updated IPs version which is the IOS 14.2. After an hour of using it, I experience sudden lag, when I turn off and on my screen it’s so laggy and slow. I can’t type my passcode and use my fingerprint scanner well. When I charge my phone it freezes and will automatically reboot. Most of the time the battery percentage stuck at a certain percent and then it will stuck there until I rebooted my phone. I tried restoing this phone over and over again but the problem is still there. Any help?

iPhone 8

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 7:24 AM

You may read this Apple Article for troubleshooting your device --> About iOS performance on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

5 replies

Dec 26, 2020 8:48 PM in response to Carbosarus

Yes, I am experiencing the same issues. Iphone 8, using 14.2 is lagging significantly. It isn’t any of the issues mentioned in the help article. I assume it isn’t another intentional throttling. I hope apple comes out with a new update to fix it soon. I wonder if iphone SE users are experiencing the same, since it is very similar to the 8 to my understanding.

Jan 1, 2021 6:27 AM in response to oh_its_ian

For me on iphone 8 plus version 14.3. It’s happening after I change battery from a store that isn’t under apple authorized, I want to change in apple store and It hard for me to find since the covid and less technical place in my area. That I feel so bad about the result it cause all the problems you mentioned above.

I still not find solution yet.

Iphone 8 lags after updating to IOS 14.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.