Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change Apple Music individual to family and how do I get them signed in

How do I change individual Apple Music to family

then how do I get family members to sign in and get there own music on there phone

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 11:24 AM

Hey Jude,

There are two thing involved here.

1. Change your Apple Music subscription from Individual to Family
  2. Create a family and use ➔ Family Sharing

To Change your subscription from Individual to Family is Simple. Open Settings ➔ Apple ID (Your name at top) ➔ Subscriptions ➔ Apple Music Subscription : Here put a check mark on Family (1 Month).

You will need to set up the family as shown in the articles listed here by Apple ➔ Family Sharing . I suggest that you setup the Family sharing first and before you change the Apple Music subscription from Individual to Family. This is because I recommend that you understand what all is involved when you use the Family Sharing feature. You will be sharing more than just the Apple Music subscription and I would like you to understand that portion.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 11:24 AM in response to judefromsequim

Hey Jude,

There are two thing involved here.

1. Change your Apple Music subscription from Individual to Family
  2. Create a family and use ➔ Family Sharing

To Change your subscription from Individual to Family is Simple. Open Settings ➔ Apple ID (Your name at top) ➔ Subscriptions ➔ Apple Music Subscription : Here put a check mark on Family (1 Month).

You will need to set up the family as shown in the articles listed here by Apple ➔ Family Sharing . I suggest that you setup the Family sharing first and before you change the Apple Music subscription from Individual to Family. This is because I recommend that you understand what all is involved when you use the Family Sharing feature. You will be sharing more than just the Apple Music subscription and I would like you to understand that portion.

Axel F.

How do I change Apple Music individual to family and how do I get them signed in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.