Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get access to Photos to make a movie

Hi - when I first opened imovie, it asked for permission to access Photos. I said 'don't allow' but I shouldn't have. Now i don't know how to reverse it or give it access again.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 3:25 PM

Hi, Jabes007,

Go to System Preferences/Security & Privacy/Privacy and click on Automation in the left hand side bar. Then click on the lock at the bottom of the pane and sign in with your password. In the right hand side bar scroll to iMovie and check the box underneath that says Photos.

The Catalina OS I believe may have a different set of options in the left hand side bar. So poke around and see which one applies to your situation. You may need to click on Photos instead of Automation in the left hand side bar.

-- Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 3:25 PM in response to Jabes007

Hi, Jabes007,

Go to System Preferences/Security & Privacy/Privacy and click on Automation in the left hand side bar. Then click on the lock at the bottom of the pane and sign in with your password. In the right hand side bar scroll to iMovie and check the box underneath that says Photos.

The Catalina OS I believe may have a different set of options in the left hand side bar. So poke around and see which one applies to your situation. You may need to click on Photos instead of Automation in the left hand side bar.

-- Rich

Can't get access to Photos to make a movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.