Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Continuity across devices" doesn't work

Hand-off tab and universal clipboard was one of my favorite features when using MacOs.

But for some reason, this one stops working.

I tried almost every way I know to get this back to my MacBook

Connected to same network, bluetooth is on, Logged in same Apple ID, updated to latest version of iOS and MacOS, hand-off toggle's on, restarting, etc...

But it's still not working at all.

I'm pretty sure that this has a lot to do with iCloud sync cause ever since sync is delayed for more than an hour, this thing happened.

Is there any other way I can do to fix?

Please help!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 10:43 PM

Hello H3S+,

It appears that you understand how the universal clipboard works and have attempted several things to resolve this issue. You are absolutely right that it has a lot to do with iCloud sync between your devices.

Has this feature stopped working completely whereby you cannot copy / paste from your iPhone to your Mac and vice versa? You also mentioned an hour+ delay with iCloud synching and therefore it convinces me that the issue is in iCloud. I recommend that you sign out of iCloud and then sign back in on both devices. Then try again. The drawback here is that you will need to setup up cards in Apple Pay again among other nuances.

If nothing else works then do not hesitate to contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 10:43 PM in response to Sulphurium

Hello H3S+,

It appears that you understand how the universal clipboard works and have attempted several things to resolve this issue. You are absolutely right that it has a lot to do with iCloud sync between your devices.

Has this feature stopped working completely whereby you cannot copy / paste from your iPhone to your Mac and vice versa? You also mentioned an hour+ delay with iCloud synching and therefore it convinces me that the issue is in iCloud. I recommend that you sign out of iCloud and then sign back in on both devices. Then try again. The drawback here is that you will need to setup up cards in Apple Pay again among other nuances.

If nothing else works then do not hesitate to contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

"Continuity across devices" doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.