Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to update my MacBook Pro 13 from Catalina to Big Sur..... I am unable to update as it says “an error occurred applying the software update”. I had taken a time machine backup... it doesn’t show up right now! Is there anything I can do? It’

I’m trying to update my MacBook Pro 13 from Catalina to Big Sur..... I am unable to update as it says “an error occurred applying the software update”. I had taken a time machine backup... it doesn’t show up right now! Is there anything I can do? It’s urgent.... I am a student and need to be attending class using my laptop

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 12:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 12:39 AM

I’m trying to update my MacBook Pro 13 from Catalina to Big Sur..... I am unable to update as it says “an error occurred applying the software update”. I had taken a time machine backup... it doesn’t show up right now! Is there anything I can do? It’s urgent.... I am a student and need to be attending class using my laptop

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2020 12:39 AM in response to Karkason

I’m trying to update my MacBook Pro 13 from Catalina to Big Sur..... I am unable to update as it says “an error occurred applying the software update”. I had taken a time machine backup... it doesn’t show up right now! Is there anything I can do? It’

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.