Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make my external monitor have the same quality image as my Macbook screen?

I just bought a monitor (AOC 27P2C 27") and I expected the resolution to be as good as my Macbook screen, but it isn't at all. The text and images show like peaks, they are not smooth. Is there a way of fixing this? I bought a big external screen so that my eyes don't suffer too much, but the quality of the image is pretty bad, things look like "broken" and some text is kind of surrounded by white.

Here the two screens:

Hope there is a solution for this. Thanks a lot!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 3:51 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 21, 2020 5:21 AM in response to kaz-k

Hey, thank you so much for the reply. A 4K monitor has a resolution of 3840 x 2160, correct? Is that the one you recommend because I want a 27" monitor? I guess trying to get a monitor with the same resolution as the screen of my Macbook will not work since the screen is 13" compared to the 27" I'm looking for. Am I correct? Trying to understand how this works. Thanks!

How to make my external monitor have the same quality image as my Macbook screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.