Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External non retina monitor

I've used a Acer AT2055 as a second external monitor for years with my old MacBook Pro that had a built in HDMI output and it worked perfectly. Recently I bought a 2019 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and the apple USB-C to HDMI adapter but the image in the external monitor is very pixelated, I've tried changing the resolution on the monitor but the image stays terrible. It makes no sense to me that it worked on the older pro and no longer on the new one. Can anyone help? I'll leave a picture for reference, even thought on it it doesn't look as bad as in the screen itself...

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 9:42 AM

Sure. I'll give it a try. What happens when you go to System Preferences, then Displays. Hold down the "Option" key while clicking on the Resolution part of it, and you should get a few more choices. . Also go to Finder, then View Options. under General preferences again under system preferences, use font smoothing when available might help. The max resolution of the monitor is 1600 x 900.

jb

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 9:42 AM in response to hugobronze

Sure. I'll give it a try. What happens when you go to System Preferences, then Displays. Hold down the "Option" key while clicking on the Resolution part of it, and you should get a few more choices. . Also go to Finder, then View Options. under General preferences again under system preferences, use font smoothing when available might help. The max resolution of the monitor is 1600 x 900.

jb

External non retina monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.