Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 pro max - Gap between the side rim and display. is it serious assembly issue?

I have noticed Gap between the side rim and display in 12 pro max at power port and left side bottom and near to volume button. I can insert a visiting card in it.

This issue with all the iphone 12 pro max or some phones?

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 3:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 9:41 PM

I wanted to report that my brand new iPhone 12 pro has the exact same issue as well.

I don’t know what should i do because I live in israel, and here it’s not so simple as to just go and have your iPhone replaced, because here the costumer service is not directly from apple, it’s goes through a third party retailer and they might not even recognize the screen gap as an issue...

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 9:41 PM in response to Guruprasadr

I wanted to report that my brand new iPhone 12 pro has the exact same issue as well.

I don’t know what should i do because I live in israel, and here it’s not so simple as to just go and have your iPhone replaced, because here the costumer service is not directly from apple, it’s goes through a third party retailer and they might not even recognize the screen gap as an issue...

Dec 20, 2020 2:31 PM in response to erald196

The reason Samsung Note doesn't have gaps between the screen and metal frame because they have been built together. The only way to open is from the back of the phone (glued). I hope Apple will build the same way as Samsung did. Don't let employees assembly the screen.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max also had Gaps at the bottom, you only see the gaps when you go out to the sun. Dust gets in that gaps. BAD DESIGNED. Please see the picture as the time I took when I write this comment.

Nov 29, 2020 5:05 AM in response to sajal007

Coating is done on display. Display and frame is glued with seal.. Still I don't have any answer to it.. Checked with 2 to 3 stores, similar issue found one or other as suggested by Apple CC, perhaps apple don't want to highlight the issue. India there is no replacement or return.. I was asking to give hand in hand replacement.. Apple denied it. They will send the unit for inspection and they will take decision. I have applied full device protector worth 7K. Now I need to peel of before sending. Again need to spend..

Dec 20, 2020 2:44 PM in response to Guruprasadr

To tell you this. Some iPhone 12 Pro Max had tiny gaps but, DUST under the camera lens. That unit (Graphite) I returned to Apple Store. Samsung Note made in Vietnam, Apple iPhone made in CHINA ( less quality). When you compare the Camera lens quality you can tell Samsung has more quality (NO DUST) under the camera lens. Most Apple products have dust under the camera lens. Beautiful Apple design only when you are not in the sun. Dust, Dust, Dust. APPLE PLEASE UNDERSTAND AND FIX THIS PROBLEM ⚠️

Dec 20, 2020 2:58 PM in response to Guruprasadr

There are 3 things that Apple needs to fix on the next iPhone 2021.

1st / Gaps between the screen and the frame (Dust get in look very ugly and low quality when you are in the sun)

2nd / Dust under the Camera glass lens (This problem has been around for many generations iPhone!)

3rd / Volume button not even (1 high and 1 low) is like a CNC problem when they do lathe on the buttons.

PLEASE APPLE! You need to understand and give a customer a good quality phone. Thank 🙇 you.

Dec 20, 2020 6:36 PM in response to ChinaAppleQuality

Apple has to enhance the QC and it seems they never listen. They are investing more time on software and less time on hardware, so naturally, these issues will be there. Perhaps Hardware is the one to make everything running. Samsung is far better in build all versions of their phones because they have to do little in software which android is part of google. Pay more for more buy and issues.

Iphone 12 pro max - Gap between the side rim and display. is it serious assembly issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.