You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need new version. I have 10.10.5 (14F2511), but I cant download new apps or software, it tells me I need the latest version and tells me to update. What can I do?

I Need new version for my Macbook Pro.

I have 10.10.5 (14F2511), but I cant download new apps or software, it tells me I need the latest version or Os X 10.7 but wont allow me to update this version. What can I do?

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 4:31 AM

7 replies

Nov 21, 2020 6:22 AM in response to shannendevlin

You'll need to download the update manually from Apple's Software Downloads page, however, it is crucial that you download and install the updates incrementally, one at a time.

You can start with this: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1885?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

What I mean is that you will need to download and install Mac OS X 10.11.6, and then Mac OS X 10.12.6 and then Mac OS X 10.13.6 and so on and so forth until you get to MacOS 10.15.6, from there you should be able to update your Mac directly from the Mac App Store.

Just remember to delete the files for the older updates once you don't need them anymore so that you can save storage for the last big update that should take at least 12-16GB :P

Best of luck! :)

Nov 22, 2020 4:19 AM in response to shannendevlin

The vital question that others have asked has not been answered - to help oyu further we need to know much more about your "MacBook Pro" which model etc. Go to the Apple menu top left on screen and click "About this apple" then share with us exactly which MBP it says oyu have, which OSX version is running on boot, how much memoir oyu have , which year was it made?

With that we can help, especially if recovery is available to your MacBook.

Happy to help - I have a 2011 MBP running 10.13.6 and a 2013 Retina MBP now running Big Sur! ;-)

Nov 22, 2020 7:29 AM in response to shannendevlin

Sorry but you said it was a MacBook Pro and there were no 11" Macbook Pros in 2015. see https://everymac.com/systems/by_year/macs-released-in-2015.html

It looks like you may have a MacBook Air? Do you have icore5 or icore 7? it should state that it is a 7.1 model?

Alternatively is it perhaps a MacBook 12"

As to Memory - I am checking but suspect you will need 8GB and you have only 4GB - normal with MacBook Air!

How much Disk space do you have 128 or 250 GB SSD are normal on each but 128 may not be enough for Big Sur and whatever oyu want to do, unless oyu use an external for backup?

So, first find out which one it is Everymac is good for that.

NB you may be well advised to up your OS step by step to Santa Catalina and go from there to Big Sur. Its a big jump from 10.10 to 11.0.1 You might go via Recovery - Restart holding down Cmd and R and it will give oyu several useful options including update OS?

Hope this clarifies the situation?

Colin

Need new version. I have 10.10.5 (14F2511), but I cant download new apps or software, it tells me I need the latest version and tells me to update. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.