Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The appearance of Mail in Big Sur is appalling. Apart from moving all the labelling around, the top menu bar is far too small and pale. might be fine for a 20 yearly, but this 70 year old is really struggling. I have spoken to Apple Support but reall

The appearance of Mail in Big Sur is appalling. Apart from moving all the labelling around, the top menu bar is far too small and pale. might be fine for a 20 yearly, but this 70 year old is really struggling.

I have spoken to Apple Support but really unhelpful - only suggestions were to downgrade back to Catalina or stop using Apple Mail completely!!!

The left hand tool bar has also been made worse, with the headings all too feint against the pale grey background. It appears there is no way of changing the contrast or font size of the tool bar information, only the emails themselves.

This is a poorly thought through upgrade that completely ignores the needs of all users with less than perfect sight. Shame on You, Apple

Has anyone got a solution please?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 5:08 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 21, 2020 5:23 AM in response to Nantman

Apple controls the software design process, and these Big Sur changes to Mail, like other user interface changes, are baked into the compiled applications. Send feedback directly to the Apple Mail product team, if you want to communicate your post.

There is nothing your fellow users can do about these Big Sur Mail design aberrations, and it is we who support these public Apple support communities, along with the Apple communities hosting team. The product teams do not participate here.

The appearance of Mail in Big Sur is appalling. Apart from moving all the labelling around, the top menu bar is far too small and pale. might be fine for a 20 yearly, but this 70 year old is really struggling. I have spoken to Apple Support but reall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.