Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 12 mini which is defective!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Brand new iPhone 12 mini will not answer calls with the swipe. Because of this I have to wait until the call has ended and then work to get the phone icon back the screen so that I can call the person back.

I had two other people in my family try to answer with a swipe and nether one of them was able to answer the call.

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 8:04 AM

9 replies

Nov 21, 2020 8:41 AM in response to AnnHunsaker

You must be new to iPhone or Smart Phones in general? iPhone 12 Mini was released on November 13th. Once released, it became clear that for SOME users there was a swipe issue with the screen. Apple released an update to resolve this. To think ANY cell phone manufacturer can anticipate all issues before a phone is released is ridiculous. Your phone will receive regular updates, which you the user are responsible for downloading. These updates can introduce new features, fixes to unknown issues etc.

There is no way Apple could have know that some users would have this issue. And Apple was very quick to provide a solution.

You seem to be getting upset over absolutely nothing. Or would you prefer Apple didn't put out an update and you could continue to believe your phone is defective, which it is not?

Nov 21, 2020 9:09 AM in response to AnnHunsaker

If you think Chris is my coworker, you seem to not understand you are not addressing Apple on this USER to USER only forum. Neither Chris, nor me, nor anyone else who has responded to you works for Apple or for that matter each other.

You did not understand what Chris said. He said he doubted Apple had the update when you purchased your phone. He is absolutely correct, as the update for YOUR iPhone 12 Mini wasn't released until just this Wednesday, November 18th, yet you picked up your phone on the 13th, the first day it was available. How could Apple have updated your phone with a software release which was NOT available on the day you picked up your phone? Simply, they couldn't have.

I'm sorry this seems so difficult for you to understand. I'm done responding here as this discussion is pointless.

New iPhone 12 mini which is defective!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.