Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clone/backup computer with Disk Utility in Big Sur

Hi:

Have a MBP that I usually regularly backup using totally awesome SuperDuper. However, SuperDuper doesn't work in Big Sur (which I just upgraded to). So I tried to do the backup the old fashioned way in Disk Utility using Restore and an external drive that is mounted on the desktop. All goes fine until it actually tries to run the backup, and then the process fails with this error:

"The source volume cannot be restored because it has a broken seal"

1) Does anyone know what this means?

2) More importantly, can anyone suggest a way to backup my MBP?

Thanks much!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 5:53 PM

Actually, it is really easy to use; I've been using it for many years. You can - but do not have to - use advanced features. You can simply do a simple full clone without needing to set up anything. Or you can set it up and have it do things automatically. I actually prefer the manual method.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 5:53 PM in response to CharPatton

Actually, it is really easy to use; I've been using it for many years. You can - but do not have to - use advanced features. You can simply do a simple full clone without needing to set up anything. Or you can set it up and have it do things automatically. I actually prefer the manual method.

Clone/backup computer with Disk Utility in Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.