Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

forgot restrictions password. Can i still delete my iPhone?

I don't remember my restrictions password. i am trying to delete the iPhone because I got a new one. Can I delete the iPhone without the restrictions password?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 1:50 PM

See the following from Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode, update your device to the latest iOS or iPadOS then reset your passcode. If you can’t update your device, erase it and set it up as new to remove the passcode and choose a new one. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2020 1:50 PM in response to keciafromknoxville

See the following from Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode, update your device to the latest iOS or iPadOS then reset your passcode. If you can’t update your device, erase it and set it up as new to remove the passcode and choose a new one. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode.

forgot restrictions password. Can i still delete my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.