Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I asked questions, why my iPhone says it cannot find the server?

Why’s my iPhone kept saying my iPhone hasn’t been back up yet?

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 1:53 PM

Your iPhone notifies you that it has not been backed up yet because it has NOT been backed up yet. You are probably having issues during iCloud backup. If you are using the free version of iCloud then it only allows 5GB of storage and your iPhone is probably attempting to backup more than the space available on iCloud. The other thing to examine is that an iCloud backup requires your iPhone to be Plugged in, Locked and connected to a Wi-Fi Network. If you do not want to use iCloud for your iPhone's backup then you can always backup on your computer.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2020 1:53 PM in response to babylen82

Your iPhone notifies you that it has not been backed up yet because it has NOT been backed up yet. You are probably having issues during iCloud backup. If you are using the free version of iCloud then it only allows 5GB of storage and your iPhone is probably attempting to backup more than the space available on iCloud. The other thing to examine is that an iCloud backup requires your iPhone to be Plugged in, Locked and connected to a Wi-Fi Network. If you do not want to use iCloud for your iPhone's backup then you can always backup on your computer.

Axel F.

When I asked questions, why my iPhone says it cannot find the server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.