Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to download Adobe Flash Player on my Mac in oder to support LaunchPad. Does anyone know what the equivalent of Adobe Flash Player is if it is no longer available?

I have to download Adobe Flash Player on my Mac in order to download LaunchPad. I believe Adobe Flash Player is no longer available. Does anyone know what software I can download which is equivalent to and compatible with Mac?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 1:55 PM

You're welcome. Do you mean Launchpad or a game you are starting from Launchpad? Flash Player is not needed by Launchpad. You may have a game that uses flash player. As I said, there is no substitute.

7 replies

Nov 21, 2020 2:13 PM in response to naoise225

Adobe removed the ability to download Flash from their site at least two weeks ago. It's no longer available, and never will be again. Anywhere you may find it outside of Adobe's site would be nothing but a really good way to download and install malware.

Whoever wrote the assessment should have known this was coming. Adobe announced almost three years ago that Flash would be discontinued forever at the end of this year. That they did nothing in all that time to update their site to run without Flash is ridiculous.

The only option I can think of you have right now is to download and install Chrome. It has a version of Flash built in. But that will also be dead as of January 1st. No browser by any vendor will allow Flash to run after that.

And even that may not work. I don't know if Google has removed Flash from the current version of Chrome or not. All you can do is install it and try.

I need to download Adobe Flash Player on my Mac in oder to support LaunchPad. Does anyone know what the equivalent of Adobe Flash Player is if it is no longer available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.