Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music transfer to new iPhone 12

My music in iTunes did not transfer to my new phone. Only songs and albums that I purchased on iTunes transferred. None of my other music from my laptop transferred.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 2:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 8:14 AM

Hello IOOFTAZ,

We understand that you're trying to sync your music from your Windows computer to your iPhone. Is the remainder of your music content through Apple Music? If so, you'll want to review the following:

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

If not, let us know where the music originated that isn't syncing and we can go from there.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

16 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 30, 2020 8:14 AM in response to IOOFTAZ

Hello IOOFTAZ,

We understand that you're trying to sync your music from your Windows computer to your iPhone. Is the remainder of your music content through Apple Music? If so, you'll want to review the following:

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

If not, let us know where the music originated that isn't syncing and we can go from there.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Mar 1, 2021 7:58 AM in response to Ladybug651

I had the same problem and I'm happy to say got it resolved. First of all I had to re download all of my CD's onto my Mac. Before doing that I had to update my Mac's operating system to Mac Big Sur. Since my Mac wasn't equiped with a CD port that meant I had to buy one through Apple for $75 or so. So once all of that business was done then the actual process could begin. The process began by going to the music app or I Tunes and click on "Would you like to import the CD". Next is getting the CD onto the I Phone. Connect the I Phone to the Mac and go to Finder--then hit " I Phone" in the left margin. Expand the I Phone app and hit "Music" at the top and then "Albums" or songs or whatever you want to download and check this next to your preference. Then hit "Apply" and it should download onto your phone. Be sure to hit the disconnect sign next to "i Phone" in the left margin before disconnecting your phone or this will screw things up for quite a while. Hope it works for you as it did for me. It's a long process (especially downloading the CDs onto the Mac) but in the end is worth it. Good Luck . Jerry D

Feb 12, 2021 3:15 PM in response to kathleenfromorleans

If you rip content into iTunes and then sync to your device iCloud isn't involved. If you have purchases in the cloud you can download them to the device. Apple Music and iTunes Match are optional services that use the cloud, but again if you choose to use them you can download content so it is available when you don't have access to the Internet.

tt2

Music transfer to new iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.