Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chess game on macOS Big Sur broken?

I was wondering if anyone could help me here. I recently got into Chess and I found a pre-installed Chess app on my MacBook Pro 2020. I wanted to play a couple games but for some reason, the game forces me to take the opponent's pieces every single time without the option to simply move around the board. For some reason I am also able to casually take the king? And checks or checkmates are completely ignored. The computer I've been playing against is also incredibly stupid even though I set the difficulty to the max. At the end once I take every single piece, the game just ends and it says 'Black Wins' at the top. I've tried closing the game and restarting my laptop but that has not worked. I've also looked around the game's very tiny options menu but there's nothing there other than dictation, difficulty and style.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 5:52 PM

Choose Game in the menu bar, and then New.

(186625)

3 replies

Chess game on macOS Big Sur broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.