Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Faint black line on left notch

i would like to know is it a common issue for Iphone 11 to have a faint black vertical line on left notch of the screen? I went to service provider and it said it will be okay once i have update my IOS however the line is still there though i have updated my IOS and the line seems to be more noticeable and it keep getting wider.

You can see it is showing in the photo below it is more clear when you see it on the screen itself.

What should I do?

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 9:37 AM

Hi izzaoe,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. You mention that you have a faint black line appearing on the left notch of the screen on your iPhone 11.

While it's hard to see in that photo, we do have some steps for you to try:

If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If trying those steps doesn't help, contact Apple Support directly to find out your best options for this:

Contact Apple Support

Take Care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 9:37 AM in response to izzaoe

Hi izzaoe,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. You mention that you have a faint black line appearing on the left notch of the screen on your iPhone 11.

While it's hard to see in that photo, we do have some steps for you to try:

If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If trying those steps doesn't help, contact Apple Support directly to find out your best options for this:

Contact Apple Support

Take Care.

Faint black line on left notch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.