Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red vertical thin line on screen of iPad Pro 5th gen

today morning I saw red vertical line on my new iPad Pro 2021 which is just a month old. Even after restarting iPad red line was there . After 2 hrs it disappeared and my iPad looks normal . I’m thinking to connect apple service centre .

but if if anyone got this same issue or know what’s the problem and reason. Then , please comment and suggest. Thanks in advance.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 5:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 5:07 AM

Is that line appearing using all screen pages / apps?

Should be this case, since it is still covered by warranty, I recommend that you make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector.

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2021 5:07 AM in response to DrVikki1

Is that line appearing using all screen pages / apps?

Should be this case, since it is still covered by warranty, I recommend that you make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector.

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

Sep 25, 2021 6:43 PM in response to DrVikki1

I made the trip to the Genius Bar, which was super busy due to the new iPhone having just come out. Unfortunately they did not have any store stock to replace it with, so I wound up returning it. My thought is that this is a new screen design, and there may be quality problems with the screen that need to be worked out. I will wait a while until this model is in stock locally, then try again.

Red vertical thin line on screen of iPad Pro 5th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.