You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Local items keychain

So my battery died and computer closed. On recharge it is acting crazy. It keeps asking for “local items keychain login”. I’ve used every password I can remember with no luck. System preferences goes unresponsive pretty quickly

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 8:00 AM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2020 1:01 PM in response to Barbskeychain

Hello Barbskeychain,

Sounds like you're being repeatedly prompted for your login keychain password and are unsure what password it's looking for. We'd be happy to help.

If you've changed your Mac's password at any point, it's possible your keychain is still using your old password. You'll either need to create a new one or update your existing keychain with your current password. For more information on what to do when your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password, you'll want to review:

If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password

We hope the information here helps get you on a path to resolution, but don't hesitate to let us know if you run into trouble along the way.

Take care!

Local items keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.