Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot lock "log in" or "local" in keychain on 2015 MacBook Pro running Monterey

Whenever I try to lock either "log in" or "local" in my keychain it's all greyed out? I'm assuming that having my lock open leaves me vulnerable to attacks right?

How do I fix this issue?

Thanks in advance everyone.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 3, 2022 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2022 7:40 AM

Edmonton999 wrote:

Whenever I try to lock either "log in" or "local" in my keychain it's all greyed out? I'm assuming that having my lock open leaves me vulnerable to attacks right?

How do I fix this issue?

No.

You need to keep the log-in keychain unlocked in Keychain Access.app— otherwise you are pestered all day long w/ your admin psswd...to manually use psswds. at ever turn.

This is how it is designed to work. This is not a security breach.

Keychain Access User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2022 7:40 AM in response to Edmonton999

Edmonton999 wrote:

How do I fix this issue?

No.

You need to keep the log-in keychain unlocked in Keychain Access.app— otherwise you are pestered all day long w/ your admin psswd...to manually use psswds. at ever turn.

This is how it is designed to work. This is not a security breach.

Keychain Access User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Cannot lock "log in" or "local" in keychain on 2015 MacBook Pro running Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.