You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch connected to wifi but no internet

My daughter's 6th generation ipod shows it is connected to the wifi network but when she opens netflix/youtube/amazon music etc she gets a 'no internet access' error message. It was working fine until two days and then suddenly lost connectivity. Steps I have tried: (none of these have worked)

Attempted to join hotspot

Turned wifi on and off

Turned airplane mode on and off

Renewed lease

Forgot network and joined again

Restarted ipod

Reset all network settings

Updated to latest ios (12.4.9 - had to do through itunes because of no internet connection)

Power cycled modem/router (no other devices in house have had any connection issues)

Cannot restore ipod either on device or thourgh itunes because 'find my ipod' is turned on and when I enter the icloud password it won't authenticate because it can't connect to the internet. I know the icloud username and password are correct because I was able to sign into icloud.com)

There was no option on icloud.com/find to remotely turn off find my ipod.

iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 9:29 AM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2020 1:49 PM in response to Andrew Brown12

Hello, Andrew Brown12!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with your daughter's iPod connecting to Wi-Fi but not having internet. If you've tried the steps in this article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network and still have an issue, we would recommend reaching out to Apple directly by checking out this link to Get Support and they will be more than happy to proceed with additional steps.

Best regards.

ipod touch connected to wifi but no internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.