Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch without wifi or cell Ulta connect

Hello! I’d love a clear confirmation on what can be done with the Apple Watch series 6 if I accidentally bout it without cellular pairing. I bought it as a gift mostly for the intent of the heart monitoring capabilities. Will the person be able to still be monitored and others alerted without a cellular or wifi connection?!

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 3:04 PM

If you were to buy it without the use of cellular, most calls out would need to be done by an wifi connection. For fall detections and automatic 911s, you'll need either a connection to a phone, wifi or have it's own cellular connection. Otherwise, the emergency call will not go through.

There isn't automatic calling for fall detection to specific numbers, only 911 or the emergency # of your country. Your emergency contacts will be notified

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2020 3:04 PM in response to Giftgiverquestions

If you were to buy it without the use of cellular, most calls out would need to be done by an wifi connection. For fall detections and automatic 911s, you'll need either a connection to a phone, wifi or have it's own cellular connection. Otherwise, the emergency call will not go through.

There isn't automatic calling for fall detection to specific numbers, only 911 or the emergency # of your country. Your emergency contacts will be notified

Nov 23, 2020 1:36 PM in response to Giftgiverquestions

But making phone calls without the iPhone would not happen. When you get back to your iPhone, data collected will be synced to the Health app on the iPhone.

I have a GPS only iPhone (2 years now), and since I generally always have my iPhone with me, I have never had a desire to pay $10 per month to have a cellular Apple Watch. It does everything just fine using WiFi at home and my iPhone when away from home, including riding my bike on the nearby rail trail, and taking walks on the rail trail. Plus when I to venture out to do shopping that it not as easy via on-line, I have all my features, because my iPhone is with me.

Apple Watch without wifi or cell Ulta connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.