Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Message Problem

Twofold question - Since the last update I am getting a message to update my Apple Watch ID by entering my password. ONE - cant enter password on watch. TWO can find the request or menu option on Watch app on IPhone . Yet I get this request 5 or 6 times a day. Beyond frustrating.

Please tell me what is going on and best way to fix this permanently

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 4:28 PM

Thank you for the very prompt reply. I did misspeak - I should of said I was being asked to input my ICloud password. Subsequently, I spoke with Apple who suggested the message was somewhat phantom. Under their supervisiont I did the number one thing a person is asked to do EVER. Turn off my watch and phone. Wait 2 minutes and reboot. Amazing what happens when you start over. I should of thought of this. My apologies to all the techies out there who are just shaking their head. Everything is working just fine now.

Again, thank you and my apologies.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2020 4:28 PM in response to sberman

Thank you for the very prompt reply. I did misspeak - I should of said I was being asked to input my ICloud password. Subsequently, I spoke with Apple who suggested the message was somewhat phantom. Under their supervisiont I did the number one thing a person is asked to do EVER. Turn off my watch and phone. Wait 2 minutes and reboot. Amazing what happens when you start over. I should of thought of this. My apologies to all the techies out there who are just shaking their head. Everything is working just fine now.

Again, thank you and my apologies.

Apple Watch Message Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.