Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crashing when about to print PDFs from PDF reader

I've just updated my MacBook Pro 2019 13" to MacOS Big Sur. I usually print some PDFs from Adobe Reader application, before updating it had no problems. But after updating to MacOS Big Sur, it always crashes after I click "Print" button. The app closes and then the Apple crash report window appear. I tried some other PDF reader just to make sure it was on the Adobe, but the results were the same. Even I tried to print PDF from the Preview app, it said error on printing my documents. Please help...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 4:30 PM

Well, I've found the fix for this. So you were right that it was on the printer manufacturer's end. After I searched this Apple Discussions forum, I've found that the problem was the printer driver needed to be updated. For some of you who searched the fix too, maybe you could find yours here.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252052200?login=true&page=2

Mine is Epson L350. That man Jan Hedlund has the link for some printer models driver update fix for macOS Big Sur. Hope that could help some of you who need the fix.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2020 4:30 PM in response to CarlAVII

Well, I've found the fix for this. So you were right that it was on the printer manufacturer's end. After I searched this Apple Discussions forum, I've found that the problem was the printer driver needed to be updated. For some of you who searched the fix too, maybe you could find yours here.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252052200?login=true&page=2

Mine is Epson L350. That man Jan Hedlund has the link for some printer models driver update fix for macOS Big Sur. Hope that could help some of you who need the fix.

Dec 1, 2020 9:38 AM in response to dylanditya

Hi dylanditya,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you're running into an issue printing PDFs from your Mac. We certainly want you to be able to print without issue, and we're happy to help.

We recommend starting with the steps to resolve printing issues found here: Solve printing issues on Mac

If those step's don't help, try resetting the printing system. You can see how here: Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem

Thanks.

Dec 1, 2020 12:54 PM in response to raina_b22

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried those two steps and still doesn't work. Actually I've found more problems, I can't print anything from my mac right now. I've tried other apps that are capable to print documents, and the result were I couldn't print anything. Maybe the fix for this in the next Big Sur update? I've searched for my Epson printer driver's updates too, with the Epson Software Updater and searching in the Epson forum, but there isn't any updates for Big Sur right now (the latest was for Catalina).

Crashing when about to print PDFs from PDF reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.