Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store can't update/download iMovie

I've just restored a time machine backup on a previous used iMac and everything is working fine except that I can't install / update iMovie because it says that I have to accept this previous installed app to be integrated to my account...

I already delete iMovie to installing it again but the issue continous so I can't downloaded again even if I accept with my actual account or the previous owner account.

I'm on high sierra on a late 201 iMac.

what should I do to use iMovie again?

Thanks

PS: The screenshot is in spanish...

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 8:08 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 1, 2020 11:02 AM in response to adrial_bcn

Hi there, adrial_bcn.

It appears that you're having a problem using iMovie on your iMac. After restoring a Time Machine backup to a used iMac, when you try to install iMovie you had to accept the previously installed application to be integrated to your account. You deleted the app and tried installing it again, but you're met with the same message. Good job on the troubleshooting you've tried, and we're glad to help with this.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support -- If you're trying to install/update iMovie on the previously used iMac, it sounds like it wasn't erased before it came into your possession. We recommend restoring it to factory settings, and this article takes you step-by-step through the process.

If we don't have the situation correct, please let us know.

Feel free to get back to us with any questions or problems you may have.

Take care.

App store can't update/download iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.