Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Photos option under Computers on Apple TV 4 running 14.2

I used to be able to access photos on my iMac from my Apple TV 4 via the Computers option. Now, that selection only shows music and videos. I have Home Sharing turned on and have it set to share all my albums. I can see my photos using the Photos app on the Apple TV, but I assume those are coming from iCloud. I've turned home sharing off and on a few times, restarted my Apple TV but am not able to access photos via Computers like I did before. Granted, I haven't tried this in a while. I am running Big Sur on my 2020 iMac.

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 10:28 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 1, 2020 12:05 PM in response to rtvman

Hello rtvman,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble viewing photos from your Mac on your Apple TV. We are happy to share information that may help.

Take a look at the information in the following articles:

If you need further assistance with this, please contact Apple Support: Get Support.

Take care.

Dec 1, 2020 1:51 PM in response to rtvman

UPDATE! Just got off the phone with Apple support. Dan had me deselect both media and home sharing on my iMac then restart the computer. I went back in and enabled all the sharing again, then restarted a second time. He then had me go to the Apple TV and lo and behold, there was a Photos tab under Computers. It took a while but my photos finally populated the screen on the Apple TV and now it appears to be working like before. Thanks Apple Support!

No Photos option under Computers on Apple TV 4 running 14.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.