Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch won't update because it doesn't have enough storage and I've done everything that worked for everyone else

This has been an ongoing thing since september. I haven't been able to see my friends activity data and they can't see mine which was one of my favorite things about the apple watch. Now, I've tried everything to free up storage like deleting literally every app that It will let me, even though the apps that take up the most storage are the ones I can't delete. So I made it to where it only allows 25 photos and only my starred emails show up (won't let me even log out of my email) yet this barely freed up any space which makes no sense. So then I read that restarting my watch and phone and unpairing and repairing would help yet it still says I don't have enough storage.

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 11:57 AM

To Free-Up Storage

For songs, see the "Remove music from Apple Watch" section in:

Add music to Apple Watch - Apple Support

and for pictures, see the "Limit photo storage on Apple Watch section in:

Choose a photo album and manage storage on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, try unpairing and pairing your watch again and restoring from the backup just created in the unpairing process. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see:

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 11:57 AM in response to ijustwantmywatchfixed

To Free-Up Storage

For songs, see the "Remove music from Apple Watch" section in:

Add music to Apple Watch - Apple Support

and for pictures, see the "Limit photo storage on Apple Watch section in:

Choose a photo album and manage storage on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, try unpairing and pairing your watch again and restoring from the backup just created in the unpairing process. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see:

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple watch won't update because it doesn't have enough storage and I've done everything that worked for everyone else

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.