Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch storage

can someone please tell me how to update my watch? I have deleted literally everything from my Apple Watch. Everything! Every photo, every message, every email, every app. I have completely deleted everything it lets me and it still tells me I don’t have enough storage to update.. what the fuck do you want me to do? How the fuck am I expected to update it when the update is bigger than the bare minimum storage space allowed on the watch? You guys just absolutely love to suck the money from people. Forcing people to buy your newest products in order to just use them. Shutting down service and and purposely overloading old technology just so people stay reliant on buying the newest thing. The worlds biggest scam artists. If you build a piece of technology that is only capable of holding 5 GB of data, how can you expect people to even be able to use it when the system that operates it takes up 2.7 GB. Pathetic corporation preying on people. Or at the very least, ALLOW PEOPLE TO DELETE APPS THEY DONT USE! I have never and will never use your bullshit wallet app, last thing I need is you having free access to my money. And I don’t ever check my email on my watch and I’m not able to delete or disconnect my accounts? What the fuck? And to be honest, I couldn’t give less of a **** about the workout or health and activities functions and I also can’t delete those?? BULLSHIT!! If I did not need this watch for work, I would never have one. Absolute garbage.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 7:39 PM

To Free-Up Storage

For songs, see the "Remove music from Apple Watch" section in:

Add music to Apple Watch - Apple Support

and for pictures, see the "Limit photo storage on Apple Watch section in:

Choose a photo album and manage storage on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, try unpairing and pairing your watch again and restoring from the backup just created in the unpairing process. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see:

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 7:39 PM in response to Fortheloveofgodjustfixthis

To Free-Up Storage

For songs, see the "Remove music from Apple Watch" section in:

Add music to Apple Watch - Apple Support

and for pictures, see the "Limit photo storage on Apple Watch section in:

Choose a photo album and manage storage on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, try unpairing and pairing your watch again and restoring from the backup just created in the unpairing process. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see:

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.