Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot

If I have an iPad 7th gen that is data enabled, can I hotspot to an iPad Pro that only has wifi capabilities? I"m not super techie, so your patience is appreciated.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 12:33 PM

The Wi-Fi-only iPad Pro can use the Hotspot generated by the 7th gen iPad yes.

Your carrier must support Personal Hotpsot and it must be enabled for you data plan.

Personal Hotspot should be visible in the Settings App on the 7th gen iPad. Turn it on, and look for the 7th gen's iPad name in the Wi-Fi network settings screen on the iPad Pro. Then connect to it as you would a regular Wi-Fi network.

More details here: How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 12:33 PM in response to Farelysma

The Wi-Fi-only iPad Pro can use the Hotspot generated by the 7th gen iPad yes.

Your carrier must support Personal Hotpsot and it must be enabled for you data plan.

Personal Hotspot should be visible in the Settings App on the 7th gen iPad. Turn it on, and look for the 7th gen's iPad name in the Wi-Fi network settings screen on the iPad Pro. Then connect to it as you would a regular Wi-Fi network.

More details here: How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.