Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Music Library - Genius results cannot be updated right now. The network connection was reset

For a few days now I have been having a problem adding songs to my icloud music library. When I try to, I get the error that is stated in the title. I have been adding songs for over a year now and have never had a problem and it's very frustrating. I have checked the apple system status, signed out and then back into itunes and the other common troubleshooting things. Also, the box that says "icloud music library" keeps becoming unchecked by itself, and I am assuming this is the cause of the problem.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 5:55 PM

Hello, I think the problem is gone. Tonight I tried to sync my iCloud library and I got a new message: iTunes does not recognize your library. I signed out and signed in again and after a while I had my full library back (my local songs and Apple/iCloud Music).

I think Apple fixed the problem, because this afternoon it still did not work, this evening it worked. And I did not do anything in between.

The problem started on Sunday afternoon and ended tonight.

I hope it works for you as well.

Regards,

Angelo

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 5:55 PM in response to o261

Hello, I think the problem is gone. Tonight I tried to sync my iCloud library and I got a new message: iTunes does not recognize your library. I signed out and signed in again and after a while I had my full library back (my local songs and Apple/iCloud Music).

I think Apple fixed the problem, because this afternoon it still did not work, this evening it worked. And I did not do anything in between.

The problem started on Sunday afternoon and ended tonight.

I hope it works for you as well.

Regards,

Angelo

iCloud Music Library - Genius results cannot be updated right now. The network connection was reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.